Monday 8 October 2012

52 weeks of happy (1/52)

Lovely Jen at little birdie has decided to record four things that are making her happy each week for the next year, a project entitled 52 weeks of happy.

Jen is going to live by the following mantra,

'It's absolutely true, it's not about money or success, it's about how you look at life and then live it'.

Great idea, don't you think?

So I have decided to join her.  Each week coming up with four simple things which have made me happy. 

Watching the little ones enjoying an art and craft workshop at a festival in our local town.


A beautiful seedhead in our wildflower bank.  Nature is amazing.


Celebrating our second little man's fifth birthday with homemade chocolate cake.


Apple picking in our garden for the first time.  I'm hoping for a good crop every year. 

And another thing which brings me happiness.  Having all you lovelies stop by for a visit.  It makes me really happy that you pop by, read my ramblings and take the time to say hello.  Thank you and welcome to all you new readers.  It's lovely to see you here.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Sweet cake and great images!
    -You have a very nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely images of what make you happy! I am also so happy to have popped by! Hello from a new follower, Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea :) We all get too hung up on the negative and let the good things pass by don't we? I think i'll try my best to join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you are joining in. And four lovely things! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely things, just simple nature and family life. I am tempted to do this too, but don't know if I'll be organised enough! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Gillian. I'll end up signing up and then not see it through! But enjoying all the posts though :-) x

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely idea! It's good to take time to be thankful and grateful for things that make you happy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to everyone for your lovely thoughts ... I think I will enjoy this ... it's amazing how the simplest things bring us the most pleasure ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea, being grateful for the little things always makes me feel better... and it's something that I actually think I've gotten better at since having a child (I used to get so down over petty things!). That cake also looks chocolatey delicious!

    xo Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  9. how lovely! x can't wait to read this each week to cheer me up! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are joining in with Jens little list of happy thoughts, they are so nice to read! And big thanks to you for asking your little guys to take a look at my boys designs! You can tell them that the two they chose are my favourites too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful idea. That seed head is incredible, do you what plant it's from?

    A belated Happy Birthday to the little Mr who's five :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for taking the time to visit .... it's always really lovely to hear from you.

I love to read your messages .... please stop by again if you've asked me a question or want to chat.

Bee x

© the linen cloud. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig